[Refrigeration Q&A] How to deal with the failure of the oil pressure controller?
There are several common reasons why the oil pressure difference controller alarms:
1. Insufficient refrigeration oil in the system causes insufficient oil level, causing the oil pump to be unable to absorb oil normally;
2. The oil in the system is too dirty, causing the filter of the oil pump to be clogged;
3. The relay of the oil pressure difference controller is not sensitive;
4. The oil pump itself fails and cannot absorb oil;
5. A large amount of refrigerant is mixed into the refrigeration oil, causing the oil pressure to be unable to be established;
6. The compressor has liquid return and there is too much liquid refrigerant in the crankcase; adjust the expansion valve and check the oil heating.
7. Crankcase oil temperature is too low
How to deal with the alarm of the oil pressure difference controller:
1. If the refrigeration oil is not enough, you only need to add lubricating oil to the standard oil level on the oil sight glass;
2. If the lubricating oil is too dirty, you need to take out the filter, clean it, and replace it with new refrigeration oil.
3. Replace the oil pressure difference relay with a new one;
4. If the oil pump fails, it needs to be replaced with a new one in time;
5. Use crankcase heating to separate the refrigerant in the lubricating oil, or drain the refrigerant in the compressor;
6. Find the cause of excessive liquid return;
7. The oil heater needs to be checked.
In actual application, it is a common phenomenon that the oil filter is dirty and blocked. In this case, we can clean the filter or replace the refrigeration oil to solve the problem.